Independent Chamonix-Mont Blanc Sightseeing Tour from Geneva
Visit Chamonix on a day trip from Geneva and see one of the most famous mountain villages at the foot of the remarkable and majestic Mont-Blanc, the highest peak of Europe.
Are you a business owner in Chamonix?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Chamonix.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Reach the Aiguille du Midi with its cable car
- Enjoy the view of the famous Mont-Blanc
- Discover the Mer de Glace, France’s largest glacier
- Explore the “Grotte de Glace” (Ice Cave) to reach the very heart of the glacier
- Wander around the Alps mountain
DescriptionA 75 minutes drive by motor-coach through the picturesque Arve Valley takes you from Geneva to Chamonix, one of the most famous mountain villages at the foot of the remarkable and majestic Mont-Blanc, the highest peak of Europe (4807 m./15.771 ft). The Chamonix Mont Blanc valley and neighbouring mountains are a wonderful natural resource. Discover the protected plant and animal life (Aiguilles Rouges Nature Reserve), and the amazing glaciers (Mer de Glace, Glacier des Bossons, glacier d'Argentière). From higher up, experience some of the world´s most stunning alpine views for real (Aiguille du Midi, Tramway du Mont Blanc or Grands Montets). Please note: there is unplanned maintenance work on the Aiguille du Midi Cable car, the cable car will now remain closed until December 2018, the day trip will follow an amended itinerary. Instead of Aiguille du Midi, you will be taken to Plan de L'Aiguille (Middle stop of Aiguille du Midi) + cable car of Brevant, which takes you up to an impressive 2,525 meters with unbeatable views out across to Mont Blanc and the valley’s mountain range. or + cable car Flégère/les Praz or + cable car of Grand Montet. The supplier is also proposing to do sightseeing at Lac de Gaillands or Promenade in Argentière. In 1924 Chamonix hosted the first Winter Olympic Games. Skiing was introduced in Chamonix at the end of the 19th century by Dr Payot. Nowadays, Chamonix is the most famous moutain village and Mont Blanc the highest mount of Europe. In the morning, ride the Aiguille du Midi cable car, the highest in Europe, climb more than 2700m and enjoy the unique journey between the ground and the sky with year-round snow! On a clear day, you may even see Mattherhorn, the famous Swiss peak and icon of Switzerland – it’s even found on packages of delicious Toblerone chocolate.
IncludesTrain to the glacier Cable car ride Lunch Tips Personal expenses Guide
- Please bring/wear warm clothes, sunglasses and good shoes
- Please note that children under 3 years old are not allowed in the cable car
- There is unplanned maintenance work on the Aiguille du Midi Cable car. The cable car will now remain closed until December 2018, and the day trip will follow an amended itinerary