From Geneva: Guided Day Trip to Chamonix and Mont-Blanc
Take a day tour from Geneva to visit the popular mountain resort of Chamonix, at the foot of majestic Mont Blanc. You’ll see the highest mountain peak in Europe and ride the cable car to Aiguille du Midi for spectacular panoramic views.
Are you a business owner in Chamonix?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Chamonix.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the exclusive resort of Chamonix
- Ascend Europe's highest mountain by cable car to Aiguille du Midi (if option booked)
- Ride the Montenvers rack railway to the Mer de Glace glacier (if option booked)
DescriptionVisit the site of the first Winter Olympics! In Chamonix you’ll experience majestic scenery on a drive through the Arve Valley and from the 12,605-foot viewing platform on Europe’s highest mountain. This full-day tour begins in Geneva with a drive across the French border through the glacier-fed Arve Valley. At Chamonix you’ll marvel at the splendid backdrop of the massive peaks of the Aiguilles Rouges. You’ll take the cable car up to Aiguille du Midi, which was the world’s highest cable car ride when it was launched in 1955. Enjoy breathtaking panoramas of this Alpine wonderland, with views into France, Switzerland, and Italy. Lunch will be at your leisure. You will also have the chance to ride the astonishing Montenvers rack railway to the Mer de Glace glacier. The journey on this electric train covers 3 miles of beautiful mountainous scenery before arriving at the longest glacier in France. You're free to spend the day as you please. Wander by foot to discover the town’s many delights, such as Parc Loisir, Musée Alpin, Lac Gaillands or Atelier Les Racines. Chamonix is the world capital for outdoor activites: mountaineering, alpinism, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, paragliding, trail running, and skiing.
IncludesTransport by bus French-speaking and English-speaking guide Cable car ride to the Aiguille du Midi (if option is selected) Montenvers train to Mer de Glace (if option is selected) Lunch Drinks
- You will be crossing the Franco-Swiss border: Please remember to bring your passport
- Tours operate daily throughout the year, except 25 December and 1 January
- Children under 3 years are not allowed to ascend the cable car to Aiguille du Midi