My Guide Website?
Chamonix: Full-Day Cable Car and Train Tour from Geneva97 Reviews
Discover Chamonix Village, a typical alpine village at the foot of the Mont Blanc! Enjoy a ride by cable car to the summit and in the afternoon board a mountain train to the Ice Sea.
- Enjoy a cable car ride to the Alps
- Ride the cogwheel mountain train to the glacier
- Discover the French mountain village
- Relax with the views of the French, Italian and Swiss Alps
DescriptionBoard a bus from Geneva to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, and in 90 minutes, arrive at this Alpine village to discover the beauty of the mountains. In the morning, ride up the cable car to the summit. At more than 3842 meters, be impressed by the Majestic Mont-Blanc and all the peaks around you. If you are feeling adventurous, take a breathtaking step into the void. Three glass walls, the glass floor, and glass ceiling panels give you a unique experience enhanced by 1000 meters of free air directly under your feet, in total safety! Look around and admire the highest peaks in Western Europe, and view the Bossons Glacier, with the greatest descent in Europe, from a dramatic perspective. Snap some incredible landscapes from one of the numerous panoramic terraces, or warm your hands around a coffee from the shop. Head back to the village, and take a freetime to put your sensations back together before you take the Mountain train Montenvers to discover the Ice Sea. This is the largest glacier of France, featured in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. If it's open ( not garanteed) Take the steps down to visit the Ice Caves. Enjoy the museum and the view from the panoramic terrace, before you head back.
IncludesTransportation Cable car Train to the glacier Bottled water Maps and explanation of the city
- Tour will take place every day regardless of weather conditions Functionality of the cable car and train cannot be guaranteed If any activities are not operating you will be offered an alternative option or a partial refund. Transport will not be refunded in such cases A visit to the caves is not guaranteed even if the train is open; a partial refund will not be granted if the caves are closed