My Guide Website?
Chamonix, Aiguille du Midi & Mer de Glace Full-Day Trip197 Reviews
Take a drive through the picturesque Arve Valley from Geneva to Chamonix at the foot of Mont-Blanc, the highest peak in Europe. Enjoy breathtaking panoramas as you explore some dramatic mountain landscapes by train and cable car as well.
- Marvel at the breathtaking Arve Valley on a scenic drive to Chamonix
- Enjoy stunning panoramas of Mont-Blanc from the top of Aiguille du Midi
- Take a ride on the most famous cable car in the world
DescriptionFeast your eyes on dramatic landscapes as you travel by coach through the scenic Arve Valley to Chamonix. Chamonix’s position at the foot of Europe’s highest peak, Mont-Blanc, makes it one of the most popular mountain villages in the area. On this full-day trip from Geneva, you’ll have access to Aiguille du Midi, a rocky 3,842-meter peak close to Mont Blanc. Take a ride up on the most famous cable car in the world, (please note this cable car is currently under maintenance, your tour will feature an alternative cable car or activity). This high mountain site, equipped for your comfort and safety, offers a 360-degree panorama taking in the majestic Mont-Blanc as well as the whole of its massif. In addition, you’ll also enjoy panoramic views of the Chamonix Valley and the major peaks of the French, Swiss, and Italian Alps. The Aiguille du Midi comprises the Piton Nord, the Piton Central with the Mont-Blanc gallery, and the Mont-Blanc terrace with its unforgettable view of Mont-Blanc. Take a charming little red train from Chamonix to the Montenvers site and the world famous Mer de Glace glacier. The Montenvers site is surrounded by the magnificent summits of les Drus, les Grandes Jorasses, and les Grands Charmoz. Learn about the largest French glacier and nature in the Alpine environment at exhibits here.
IncludesTransportation by bus Ticket for Aiguille du Midi cable car Ticket for the Mer De Glace train
- Children under 4 years old, pregnant women, and people with heart problems are not allowed to take the cable car
- You must have your passport to participate in this tour
- If you take the Aiguille du Midi and Mer de Glace options, you will be provided with a multipass, which gives access to all the facilities of the Mont Blanc company
- If you use this Multipass for a single activity, it will be considered by the Compagnie du Mont-Blanc as used and cannot be refunded if the other activities are closed. The Mont Blanc company offers alternative activities but does not authorize refunds of the multipass