7-Hour Chamonix Excursion from Geneva
Visit the picturesque alpine town of Chamonix on an excursion from Geneva. Take in stunning views, browse the boutiques and sample local products.
Are you a business owner in Chamonix?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Chamonix.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Discover Chamonix, a world-famou alpine resort
- Take in views of Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe
- Enjoy an optional cable car ride
DescriptionTravel through the picturesque Arve Valley from Geneva to Chamonix, explore the famous village of Chamonix, and marvel at the alpine views. The resort experienced its first growth spurt in the Victorian era, hosted the first Winter Olympics in 1924 and has emerged as the capital of all-mountain skiing. The steep-sided valley, with its glaciers and rocky spires, is where snow-sports and mountaineering meet. The busy town is a popular destination for day trippers. Find shopping designer brands and fashionable mountain brands in the many boutiques. Sample local products such as cheese, meats and fresh honey. Please note: there is unplanned maintenance work on the Aiguille du Midi Cable car, and the cable car will now remain closed until December 2018. The day trip will follow an amended itinerary. Instead of Aiguille du Midi, you will be taken to Plan de L'Aiguille (Middle stop of Aiguille du Midi) and the cable car of Brevant, which takes you up to an impressive 2,525 meters with unbeatable views out across to Mont Blanc and the valley’s mountain range.
IncludesBus transportation Local host Lunch Drinks Guide
- Note that the Aiguille du Midi cable car is closed until December 2018, and the trip will follow an amended itinerary
- Please bring your passport, as it is a requirement for joining the tour
- Warm clothing is recommended in the winter
- Children under 4 years of age are not allowed on the cable car